Friday, 8 May 2009

Romanian Film Festival

Ok now that things have calmed down a bit I can sit down and reflect on last week's events more precisely the Romanian Film Festival which was a great first time experience for me. My favourite screening without a doubt has to be Constantin and Elena, it's such a little treasure and when someone who's been married for 55 years reads you Life is Beautiful, a poem which they wrote themselves...you know you need to listen up and stop complaining.
Exchange was another great one and Silent Wedding the festival's opener was very entertaining even though it has a really sad ending. Weekend with my Mother was a bit of an anticlimax for me but I still think it was a good experience especially since the subject matter is not the most straightforward. The shorts program again very entertaining with some great performances and I have to say overall I was quite impressed with how things went. I'll definitely go again and in fact I can't wait for next year's one too see what will be on offer then. I also managed to see Is anybody there? the latest with Michael Caine and I have to say I wasn't that taken with it although his performance is great, the movie itself is just a bit "whatever man!"...I don't know...I also though Slumdog was a bit shit so these things are so subjective anyways no one really cares right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment