Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Banana Loves...

This video from Radio 1's Live Lounge featuring Example. This is a really beautiful version of his current single Won't Go Quietly and first time I heard it, it sent shivers down my spine. The stripped down instrumentals complimented by the lovely vocal harmonies - with a little help from Basement Jaxx long term vocalist Vula - make this a trully special affair indeed . I love Live Lounge for that...artists presenting their work in a different style than we'd expect, it almost makes you appreciate their work more and I always look forward to hearing the covers too, they've become a sort of long standing tradition, like the Queen's speech on Christmas day...but without the cabbage smell!!! I better be nice to her Majesty actually otherwise they'll never give me that British passport I've had my eyes on for years now...anywhoo Example took on Tik Tok - which I used to hate but has managed to grow on me - and put his own spin on it which is pretty cool too and you can check that out here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/livelounge/artist/100123_example.shtml And here's a little known fact...ok I'm going to brag a bit here but...I was supposed to attend the casting session for the Won't Go Quietly video lead...and I couldn't make it...gutted but oh well it wasn't meant to be I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment