Friday, 5 February 2010

Banana Reads...

Fresh from finishing We Need To Talk about Kevin which I have to say left me pretty astonished as the twist at the end caught me most definitely by surprise, I have made a new companion for my journey to and from work, in the form of this book. Given to me by another book aficionado colleague from work, I did attempt to start this book previously but decided I wanted to read other ones instead. Now I felt ready to take this one on and I'm just about to get into it. It's only the beginning of the story, the characters are merely starting to take shape in my mind's eye...but I've read good reviews and apparently it's a nice little atmospheric thriller - based around the murder investigation of this New York socialite, Lillian Wallace who's washed up body ends up in a little fishing village called Amagansett - I'm also interested in reading this guy's other famous novel, The Savage Garden which I'll definitely be checking out at some point. I like to read not to lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment