Friday, 5 February 2010

Sade

I'm very excited this lady is coming back with a new album, out next Monday no less... Soldier of Love the 9th album from the woman who continues to be something of an enigma. Famously recluse, she rarely gives interviews and you hardly ever hear anything about her personal life. I heard the title track back in December and absolutely loved it and the video is an great visual interpretation too. I remember being in school and watching MTV whilst getting ready in the morning and whenever No Ordinary Love came on I used to just stop and watch the video whilst being completely mesmerized by it. I remember thinking the wedding dress was kinda strange...but particularly touched by the underwater sequences. And it's such a beautiful song that even now after all these years it brings a shiver down my spine. Her honey dew vocals still have the power to cut straight to the core whilst her looks have remained intact - she is 51 no less- This is one classy lady and I am in absolute awe...I read somewhere that if you're going through a break up the best thing to do is get yourself a blanket, some chocolate and stick on the Sade collection...I haven't tried that method myself but I can see how it would work. Anywhoo check out the link below for No Ordinary Love, I couldn't embed it since the record label peeps don't allow that but it's worth checking out and you'll hopefully see what I mean.

Sade - Soldier Of Love from DarkFish Entertainment on Vimeo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I85wXmSIbrk

No comments:

Post a Comment