Sunday, 14 February 2010

We Need to Talk about Kevin

So fresh from having finished this book and wondering what it would look like to be made into a film...I find out that it going to be made into a film starring Tilda Swinton as Eva Khatchadourian and John C Reilly as Franklin. I'm really curious as to who will take on the complexity of a character like Kevin, that's sure to be a challenge for any actor but I personally think that Tilda is a great cast as the mom. She even has the angular features that her character mentions in the book - due to her Armenian heritage - plus she's meant to be a high flying career woman which again I think that easily comes across from Tilda but I have to say that I'm a bit unsure about the John C Reilly part. I love him but I love him for the silly comedies he's been in and I struggle picturing him next to Tilda, as two people who are meant to be partners...but maybe that's the whole point because her character is obviously the Alpha partner in their relationship. The other funny thing is that today I watched a movie called Ratcatcher directed by Lynne Ramsay and she'll be the one directing We Need To Talk about Kevin...kinda funny in a way! I can't wait to see this one I must say, filming is due to start in April and whoever will end up playing Kevin, good luck to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment