Thursday, 6 May 2010

David Downton

In my weekly search for the latest fashion illustrations to post here I managed to stumble upon these beautiful creations by British fashion illustrator David Downton and finally solved the mystery of my Twiggy M&S canvas bag and the in store massive posters. Everytime I go in there I always look at the beautiful silhouettes created with only a handful of lines that convey so much and now I know they were created by him I feel quite excited, as if I managed to solve some sort of existential mystery. I read a bit about him as well and found out that he pretty much fell into the fashion world by chance - after being asked by the Financial Times to cover the couture shows - and remained there ever since. Pretty cool no?! I think his work is just absolutely stunning, I'm so fascinated by it. Check out more of his work here: http://www.daviddownton.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment