Tuesday, 21 December 2010

The King's Speech

I don't know why I have allowed the buzz surrounding this movie to completely pass me by and having just seen this trailer I can certainly understand how justified its recent Golden Globe nominations  have been - seven in total including the big ones, Best Picture, Best Actor  in Lead Role for Colin Firth, Best Actor/Actress in a supporting role for Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter respectively and Best Director for Tom Hooper - with expected nominations for Oscar glory as well.

Production value is absolutely outstanding not to mention the acting from the ensemble cast with Colin Firth sure to be a front runner for all the major prizes. I hope he does win the Oscar for this it will be thoroughly deserved and long time coming.

Powerful, dramatic, inspiring, spine chilling...just a few adjectives that come to mind watching the trailer alone. Cannot wait to see the film itself.





No comments:

Post a Comment